In today’s digital world, various big enterprises and startups seek online solutions for their growing businesses. For data-driven organizations, this means ad-hoc reporting tool is an essential part of their data strategy. In this blog, we’ll look at what ad-hoc reporting means and how this self-service business intelligence (BI) solution can boost businesses to a new level.
What is Ad Hoc Reporting?
In Latin, ad-hoc literally translates to ‘for this’. So, ad-hoc reporting refers to the creation of dynamic, visually-rich and real-time reports for various databases from various sources. They are developed to provide insights into a particular business question, usually to draw certain inferences. These reports can help an individual to view the business intelligence (BI) solutions in no time, without waiting for traditional static reports from the IT department. They are precise, easy to understand, and shareable in order to make data-driven decisions as quickly and successfully as possible.
What is Ad Hoc Analysis?
Ad Hoc Analysis is a business intelligence (BI) procedure that serves to provide insights gained from the various inputs, create precise reports, analyze the data structures and give a deeper near 100% analysis of a certain event. These analytical reports are created by the self-service business intelligence tools used by various organizations or individual users to explore, examine and draw appropriate conclusions from an ad-hoc report.
Benefits of Ad Hoc Reporting and Analytics
Ad hoc reporting has been designed and developed to answer a specific question or a single event with structural and detailed business intelligence (BI) solutions. It’s more like a self-service reporting where users can ask and get the solutions by themselves without any need of the IT department. Tools used to create ad hoc reports empower users to analyze any data in various visual formats and take decisions by themselves. Now that we understand what exactly are ad hoc reports, let us understand the benefits of using such reports and their analytics.
- Agile and Accessible: Data-driven decisions need to be quick and accurate. Organizations invest days and hours to analyze their data and then with utmost precision, decisions are made. Ad hoc reports help to speed up this process and help users to create and analyze the reports in no time. Make sure the tools are web-based so that you can get the required reports anywhere, anytime, and on any device, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Saves extra costs and time: Analyzing the data and creating reports requires time and humans with the appropriate knowledge as well. Rather than investing in their training periods, you can save time and money with ad hoc reports as they are easy to use, drag and drop tools used to create 100% accurate results in no time!
- Increases efficiency and accuracy: Some ad hoc report tools are so perfect – as they allow the users to build reports in a hassle-free manner, with crisp visual data structures, arranged in various different formats. This allows the users to narrow down the accurate points and derive apt conclusions.
- Reduces the IT workload: Ad hoc reports are robust and easy to use as they are made keeping in mind the end-user. Its drag and drop functionality enables users to easily create and analyze reports all by themselves.
- Easy to customize and modify: Users should have the option to easily customize or modify any reports if need be. Ad hoc reports are easily customizable so that a user can modify its inputs anytime and get appropriate results without wasting much time.
Best tool for ad hoc reporting and analytics
Now that we know the benefits of using ad hoc reports, you may wonder what’s the best tool to create such detailed and versatile ad hoc reports? Well, Ubiq comes to your rescue.
Ubiq is a web-based reporting software that allows you to build interactive dashboards and reports using drag and drop functionality. You can view results online on intuitive dashboards in minutes! It provides you with the advanced reporting capabilities to build custom dashboards and reports for your organization. You can even export your dashboard and reports in multiple formats.
Reasons why you should use Ubiq
A web-based reporting software, Ubiq allows the users to easily build reports and get their analytics in no time. It makes it easy to analyze the business data and provide real-time data in various picturesque formats. Why is Ubiq one of the best ad hoc reports software?
- You can easily create interactive dashboards and reports using the drag and drop functionality. You don’t need to code or have any prior knowledge of programming.
- Ubiq’s ad hoc reports are easy to customize. You can alter and modify the data anytime and through our business intelligence (BI) technology, you can get detailed results in minutes.
- You can get real-time MySQL/PostgreSQL-based reports as the dashboard updates automatically.
- Ubiq is a web-based software that enhances the user experience as you can create and customize the reports via your laptop, mobile, cloud or intranet.
- It is one of the best flexible ad hoc tools in the market as it works well with any of the app databases, websites, or applications like Magento, Drupal, WordPress and much more.
- You don’t need to open any ports or enable remote access as Ubiq securely connects with MySQL on AWS over SSH. As for intranet or private network, it ensures the data doesn’t leave your network.
As you must have observed, Ubiq is one of the best ad hoc reporting software in the digital world. With its great features and customizable reports, Ubiq ensures to serve you with accurate reports and analytics. To try Ubiq, visit our website now.
Also read: What is Business Intelligence Reporting?