Intercom is a behavioral targeting and user intelligence platform designed to understand, benefit and ultimately improve from communication with customers. Zendesk, on the other hand, is one of the top help desk companies trusted by more than 40,000 organization from across the globe. So, the comparison between Intercom vs Zendesk is quite understandable.
Here is Intercom vs Zendesk comparison, in regards to features, integrations, pricing, and overall performance.
Intercom and Zendesk – Feature Comparison
Features and Benefits:
• Instant chat with site visitors.
• Instantly engage your best leads with targeted messages and not forms. Intercom helps connect your sales team to the best leads and chat or engage them in real-time.
• Get client status updates (new and active clients, and those that are leaving or moving away).
• Get to see all your customer data on one single platform.
• Supervise your campaign performance in real-time (real-time updates).
• Set up behavior triggered campaigns aimed at targeted users who perform definite actions or are at certain stages (active, new, and inactive users).
Some of the other features include A/B testing and audience segmentation, conversation search, user event tracking, key message grouping and message tagging, personalized reply templates, live user data, team assigning facility, and In-app message or email composer among others.
The ‘help’ feature has limited functionality.
Features and Benefits
• Zendesk apart from being a help desk crosses over to CRM and enables you to organize processes, customer engagement tracking, and workflows.
• It can turn your vast support data into an ocean of leads, market insights, and opportunities.
• With Zendesk, you can scale your customer service as it is a detailed suite of support apps.
• Proactive live chat with automated trigger enables you to connect with prospective customers who are lets you engage prospects who are on your website and offer your help.
• The live chat feature attends to any questions and queries in real time.
Some of the other features include flexible ticket management with automated workflow, multi-channel support (phone, chat, social media, web), advanced analytics and robust reporting, screencasting, public and private forums, and complete CSS rebranding among others.
• ‘My Issues’ must be showcased on top
• There is no auto remember facility to remember where you left it.
• GUI continues to be clustered
Intercom vs Zendesk – Integrations
Intercom provides an API and integrates with important applications such as Salesforce, Slack, Stripe, Zapier, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Shopify, Segment, Github, Clearbit Reveal, Trello, Hipchat, Zendesk, Marketo, Mailchimp, Mixpanel, and many others.
Zendesk integrates with more than 600 integrations and apps like WordPress, FreshBooks, LiveChat, Hootsuite, Google Apps, 3CLogic, Shopify, Agile CRM, 123Contact Form, AppGuru, Azuqua, Joomla!, Infusionsoft, Cisco CTI, ClickDesk Live Chat, Capsule CRM, Cloud Magic, and Drupal to name a few.
Zendesk vs Intercom – Pricing
Zendesk has many different pricing plans available for its various modules. It also offers a free 30-day trial.
Intercom offers a 14-day free trial. Small businesses and startups with a small user base and all those who meet qualification requirements have to pay only a flat rate of $49 each month for up to one year.
Intercom vs Zendesk – Which is Most Recommended?
Intercom is a great option for customer service oriented businesses where the focus is on one person handling an issue in real time until task completion than a full group of support team where the person who takes the initial request is not the one who will eventually resolve the issue.
It is not suitable for a technical support help desk where ticketing is needed for development work or for a customer service business where the decision maker is unavailable to make immediate decisions.
Zendesk, on the other hand, is best suitable for those who prefer or are comfortable communicating through email.