The last few years have been difficult for online businesses owing to huge concerns over privacy and cybersecurity. It is for this very reason that the use of virtual private network routers has skyrocketed in the past few years. There is a growing need for firewall router for small business apart from big companies.
Big and small-medium businesses (SMB) have to protect their businesses from ransomware, hackers, and many other online threats. Most SMBs today have a firewall router to secure their business network. Unfortunately, that is not enough today. Due to more complex threats invading our system, firewalls and routers now include services such as antiviruses, intrusion prevention (IPS), anti-spam and web filtering – all-inclusive, in one box.
Listed below are 5 firewall router for small business:
TP-LINK TL-WR842ND N300 – Multi-function Firewall Router for Small Business
The TL-WR842ND is one of the best and low-priced routers available in the market. It is an updated version of TP-LINK’s N300 router, which is very highly rated.
The TL-WR842ND, like N300, possesses unique features making it a popular option for home users. Two of the main features include WPS button for quick connection of printers and other devices over the network and Wireless-N compatibility.
The TL-WR842ND VPN (virtual private network) wireless router provides a detachable antenna, which is quite a thing because very few routers can provide this at such a low-cost.
There are some advanced features that the built-in firmware offers. However, power users can make use of flash DD-WRT for a complete and full range of options.
Cisco RV110W-A-NA-K9, VPN Wireless Router
Cisco RV110W-A-NA-K9, with VPN support, is a wireless router that has 4 LAN ports along with high-speed 802.11n wireless internet connection.
Some of the other features and benefits include:
• Browser-based device manager in order to set up the router
• Offers support for VPN
• They have integrated 4-port fast Ethernet switch in order to connect printers, computers, and IP phones.
• Very affordable offering great value
Some of the drawbacks include:
• Slow in comparison to its competitors. It does not enable user bandwidth control per IP address
• Data transfer rates are slow but quick enough to fulfill small businesses needs
• No features provided for limiting bandwidth for each user
Even though this is a bit slow in comparison to other routers, you get a Wi-Fi router with good enough Wi-Fi range along with VPN support. It is easy to connect to VPNs and securely access your business network from any place.
Linksys MaxStream AC4000 MI-MIMO Tri-Band Router
Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 has the latest wireless standard of 802.11AC and possesses a few unique features meant to impress and deliver.
Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 – Unique features:
• Easy to connect multiple devices at the same time, all accessing HD content
• MU-MIMO technology
• Remote management of the network via Linksys app and smooth operations
• Transmission of a strong network through 6 external antennas that are very powerful
Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 – Drawbacks
• Cost is high, but worthwhile if you are looking for a power packed in performance
UTT AC750GW Dual Band Wireless VPN Router
UTT comes up with one of the most powerful VPN routers. AC750GW enables your users to connect through the highly advanced wireless technology available out there – 802.11ac, with up to 750Mbps across all devices.
It can uphold a moderately heavy load of VPN traffic, with up to 10 IPSec tunnels available at the same time.
NETGEAR Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless Router
NETGEAR is a dual-band wireless router as well as a wireless access point. It uses 802.11ac Wi-Fi and is also backward compatible with 11n devices.
Apart from the backward compatibility, it provides the following benefits:
• The wireless speed is up to 300 Mbps at 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps at 5 GHz
• There are 4 built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports for printers, connecting phones, or PCs
• High-quality coverage with signals that can reach far
• There is a WPS button for easy one-touch connectivity
• It provides a 3-year warranty period
The drawbacks include:
• Difficult to install and configure
• Several times positioning required to remove dead zones
Choosing the Best Firewall Router for Small Business
The 5 firewall router for small business mentioned above must provide you with good options to choose from.
Figure out what exactly are your business requirements, and invest accordingly.