With more than 2 billion monthly active users, Facebook is undoubtedly the largest social media platform in the world. It gives you an insanely large medium to reach your target audience.
However, with the latest changes in Facebook’s algorithms, it’s become difficult to organically reach and engage your audience. In the past, all you had to do is write a Facebook post and ask for a like, share or comment.
Today, you need to do a lot more than that.
Here are 5 creative ways to engage your Facebook audience and entice them to come back for more.
1. Ask exciting questions
One of the easiest ways to engage your audience is to simply ask thought-provoking questions that invite a discussion.
Although Facebook pages are mostly used for posting updates and sharing entertaining content, it can also be used as a space to promote meaningful discussions.
This enables you to build a more interactive relationship with your audience and encourages them to implicitly tell you what matters the most to them. Such discussions can also end up being a great soundboard to get useful feedback about your organization and its initiatives.
In fact, you can also ask questions about current events that are relevant to your field of work.
Here’s an example of how Entrepreneur does it. The following post had received a staggering 210 comments, at the time of writing this article!
2. Share Timely Content
There are 4 reasons why you should stay on top of the latest news and trending topics about your industry, and regularly share information about them.
- When you share a hot news, you get to be a part of the latest conversations in your industry or niche. In fact, if you share news about one of the trending topics on Facebook, it can even attract people beyond your Facebook Page’s audience. It enables all the interested people to share their views and ideas, whether or not they follow your organization. This makes your Facebook Page highly relevant to a larger audience, and makes it very likely to show up in their news feeds.
- Sharing about timely topics allows you to add more context to your content. For example, if Donald Trump’s latest policy is a trending topic on Facebook, this gives you an opportunity to re-share your old posts about the Trump administration, and drive more engagement.
- When you post about trending topics, your audience is more likely to share it with their network.
- Your audience begins to see your Facebook Page as a source of latest information, which only brings them back for more.
3. Make your content useful & actionable
The most important way to increase engagement is to simply keep posting valuable content – useful and actionable information for free.
Clearly understand your target audience – who they are, what they do, what are their interests, what problems they face – and provide content that helps improve their lives.
You can provide useful tips & tricks, how to’s and even tutorials, based on what you know.
You can always go back to your old articles, whitepapers, newsletters, emails and any other marketing asset and repurpose them into quick tips that you post on your Facebook Page.
Whether your post gets them a new job, helps them do their existing job better, or simply make more money, the key is to provide value regularly.
4. Use Visual Content
It’s quite evident that Facebook places a lot of importance on visual content. You must have noticed how images and videos take up a much larger screen space on your news feed, compared to text-only posts. In fact, with its carousel content, Facebook encourages you to share posts with multiple images at once.
So use this trend to your advantage and post content with Hi-resolution, professional-looking images. Whether it’s just a famous quote or a one-line tip from your blog, ensure that you share it with a beautiful image. Your eye-catching images will grab your audience’s attention on their news feeds and compel them to engage with your Facebook Page.
If you’re at an event or a conference, or your community is at a team outing, take a pic and share it. You can provide behind-the-scenes sneak peek by posting photos about your office, employees, community, the work you do and more. This will make your audience want to know more about your organization, and eventually boost engagement.
5. Create a strategy
One of the most important ingredients to increase Facebook engagement is consistency. It’s not possible to increase Facebook engagement overnight, or with a few ad-hoc posts.
You need to create a Facebook strategy and use a social media calendar to clearly plan what kind of posts you’ll be sharing and when. This will help you organize your tasks and coordinate with others to execute your strategy well. A Social media calendar also enables you to plan promotional campaigns and activities around key events as well as latest trends in your industry.
You can also try to use a consistent look-and-feel across all your images, videos and other visual content. This will make it easier for people to recognize your organization on Facebook, and help you build brand awareness.
Hopefully the above tips will help you get more people to engage with your Facebook Page, and even increase your reach. The key is to share timely and useful information with attractive visual content, that compels people to interact with your organization.
- 5 Ways Startups can Grow Business with Web Notifications - April 24, 2018
- 5 Actionable Tips for Marketing to Millennials - April 24, 2018
- 6 Ways Startups Can Use Instagram To Grow Their Business - April 24, 2018
- 5 SEO Tips Entrepreneurs Can Use to Grow Their Business - April 24, 2018
- 5 Email Marketing Tips for Startups to Grow Faster - April 24, 2018