SEO Checker Tools make it very easy to identify all the SEO issues with your website so you can fix them as soon as possible. They automatically analyze your website and generate an SEO Audit Report that tells you which SEO aspects are working well and what you need to improve. Here are 10 SEO Checker Tools for SEO Analysis & Audit that you can use to analyze and improve your website search engine rankings.
10 Best SEO Checker Tools for SEO Analysis & Website Audit
1. Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools (also called Google Search Console) is an amazing Free online SEO checker tool by Google. It provides a number of useful features that help you understand if your website is SEO optimized. For example, it automatically sends you messages in case of critical errors such as, if too many pages are “not found”, or if your robots.txt file is blocking access to Google. It also provides Fetch as Google tool that allows you to view a particular page the way Google Search engine. You can also use it to submit a new page instead of waiting for it to be crawled automatically.
Google Webmaster Tools lets you know if any of your website pages have duplicate title or meta description. It also lists the number of internal links to each page on your website. It even shows you the top keywords that drive visitors to your website and also the number of search impressions and click-throughs for each keyword. This is a great way to find out for which keywords your website is presently ranking.
It even shows crawl stats such as number of pages crawled every day so you know if your website is being crawled or not.
2. Page Speed Insights
Google provides another free online SEO analysis tool called PageSpeed Insights. It analyzes your website speed for both desktop and mobile, and assigns a PageSpeed Score between 0 and 100. A PageSpeed score above 85 indicates that a page is performing well. It also provides possible optimizations to improve Page Speed score such as browser caching, SEO image optimization and minification of css/js files. In fact, it even provides a zip file that contains all the optimized images and minified css & js files on your website. All you need to is replace your images and files with the optimized ones provided by Google.
3. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
SEO Spider is probably the best SEO Checker Tool out there, after Google Webmaster Tools. It’s specifically built with SEO marketers in mind. SEO Spider crawls your entire website, and analyzes each URL into its constituent tags such as title, meta description, headings, sub headings, etc and neatly organizes them in a table that you can export as Excel to use in other tools such as Moz, Raven Tools, etc. It automates an otherwise time-consuming process for SEO marketers.
It’s free plan scans up to 500 URLs on your site. For bigger requirements and more configuration options, you need to purchase their $160/year annual license. Check it out below.
You can take a look at our list of Best Free Keyword Density Tools to calculate keyword density for your web pages, and Best Link Building Tools to build and monitor inbound backlinks to your website.
4. Moz Pro Tools
Moz Pro is an all-in-one online SEO Checker Tool that includes tools for keyword research, link building, site audits, and page optimization insights. It allows users to find SEO opportunities, track campaign performance and improve SEO efforts. Moz provides a 30-day free trial and pricing starts from $99/month.
5. Check My Links
Check My Links is a free SEO Analyzer Tool that allows you to find broken links on your page. It’s available as a chrome extension. Once installed, it will show all good links in green and broken links in red on any page that you open on Chrome.
Bonus Read : 9 Best XML Sitemap Generator that you can use to create XML/HTML Sitemaps for your website.
6. SEO Report Card
SEO Report Card is a free online SEO Analysis Tool by UpCity, that allows you to analyze your website and find out how it compares to your competitor’s website. SEO Report Card generates a detailed report with the following information:
- Rank Analysis – Based on the keyword you enter to generate the report, it provides a snapshot of your website’s rank on Google, Yahoo & Bing.
- Link Building – This provides the number of backlinks to your website. You can also check out our list of best backlink checker tools for this.
- On-Site Analysis – It tells you if you have added keywords to the important areas of your page such as title and body.
- Website Accessibility – Overview of site’s accessibility information such as load time, whether your site is accessible to search engines.
- Trust Metrics – Information about the trustworthiness of your site and domain.
- Current Indexing – Tells you if your page has been indexed by the major search engines such a Google, Bing & Yahoo.
Bonus Read : Learn everything you need to know about Nofollow links in SEO
7. HubSpot Website Grader
HubSpot’s Website Grader is a free online SEO Analysis Tool that generates comprehensive reports on:
- Site Performance – Information about Page size and speed
- Mobile Readiness – If your website is mobile-friendly, with regards to responsiveness & viewport settings. Learn how to use Mobile SEO Tips & best practices to optimize your website for mobile devices.
- SEO – Checks if your page is easily searchable to both humans and crawlers.
- Security – Inspect Site security information such as SSL certificates
It also generates a score (0-100) that indicates the SEO-friendliness of your website.
Check out our list of Best Long-Tail Keyword Tools & Software for SEO
Woorank is a feature-rich online SEO Analyzer Tool that provides in-depth analysis to marketers about the SEO Performance of their website, helps them identify SEO opportunities and make improvements. It provides a 14-day free trial. Pricing starts at $49/month.
Woorank provides a detailed SEO report that consists of 70+ key metrics grouped into 8 sections:
- Marketing Checklist
- Local SEO
Users can even download their reports as PDF and share them with others in their organization.
9. Found’ SEO Audit Tool
SEO Audit Tool by Found is an easy-to-use SEO Audit Tool for Marketers, to identify and report common SEO errors on your website.
You enter your website and it generates an SEO Audit Report of your website, that consists of 3 sections:
- Technical Issues – Looks for issues in SEO factors such as domain canonicalization and XML Sitemaps
- Content Issues – Analyzes important SEO Factors such as title & meta description
- External Link Analysis – Evaluates the number & quality of external links
You can also download your SEO Audit Report as PDF and distribute it within your organization.
Check out our list of Free Best SEO Audit Tools to perform SEO Audit for your website.
Artificial or unnatural backlinks to your website can seriously hurt your search ranking. Remove’em is an awesome SEO checker tool that scans your backlinks and provides a list of contact information for the links and their domains, so that you can reach out to the right person to remove your link from their website. You can even export the list if you want to disavow them using Google’s Disavow Links Tool. See it in action.
SEO Analysis Tools can automate a lot of time-consuming processes for you, and also help you monitor the performance of your SEO efforts. By using these tools and following SEO Best Practices, you can surely improve search ranking and drive more visitors to your website.
What SEO Checker Tools do you use? Share your experience as comments.
- 5 Ways Startups can Grow Business with Web Notifications - April 24, 2018
- 5 Actionable Tips for Marketing to Millennials - April 24, 2018
- 6 Ways Startups Can Use Instagram To Grow Their Business - April 24, 2018
- 5 SEO Tips Entrepreneurs Can Use to Grow Their Business - April 24, 2018
- 5 Email Marketing Tips for Startups to Grow Faster - April 24, 2018